Sunday, November 8, 2009

This blog is going to be about things projects, promises, sharing things I love, and my photos!


On any given day the role played through my style and attitude changes, but one thing always remains the same... I am Betty and this is my vision, tune in and turn on. Life is a party and in my world that always means a theme party. There are things that remain constant and that is honesty, integrity and me. It is not a charade but merely a focused expression of individual parts of myself.

One day it is a bubbly 50s housewife (I really love cooking for people), another is the melancholy widow who has loved and lost and loves in the 40s, 50s, and 60s (I just happen to love chapeaus and black), and in stark contrast, another is the the grunge cream dream of the 90s (I never got over the 90s). Then there is the side of me unconcerned with fashion, while in the process of creating art* (*it is a very messy process and my man finally conditioned me to stop ruining my beloved clothes and wear crappier clothes; I usually opt for something more plain and freely allow it to get smeared in paint, telling a story through its wear). Often it is a mashup of these things and more.

I am a vintage clothes whore and couldnt begin to quanitfy my overloaded closets in both Canada (more like a room filled with clothes and boxes of clothes) and Japan (editted but growing everyday). My body type is not suited to the cuts of today and I have a keen eye and love for the hunt of vintage. I also hunt: zombies (just kidding, but I do LOVE em), records!!, cassette tapes, vintage stereos, books (mainly pictures books, but I am a fiendish reader as well and love a good novel), and vinyl toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment